Students can now take advantage of the Certificate 3 Guarantee, a new Queensland Government Initiative which reduces the cost of the course to the student.
- Subsidised training for one Certificate level III qualification
- Increase your employment opportunities with a Certificate III
- Implemented from 1 July 2013 for eligible Queenslanders
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- be aged 15 years or older
- be no longer at school (with the exception of school students in Years 10, 11 and 12 undertaking a VET in School (VETiS) program — see the VETiS fact sheet for more information)
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate III or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
Queensland Year 12 graduates
To support Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to successfully transition to employment, the government is offering fee-free training in high priority qualifications under the Certificate 3 Guarantee.
To be eligible for fee-free training, the student must meet the above Certificate 3 Guarantee eligibility criteria and:
- have evidence of completing Year 12 in Queensland, for example hold a Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority issued Senior Statement or equivalent certification
- enrol in a high priority qualification under the program with a PQS
- commence training within 12 months of graduating Year 12 (i.e. by the end of the calendar year after completing Year 12).
*This includes any equivalent Certificate III or higher level qualification irrespective of whether the qualification is through a university degree, apprenticeship or traineeship pathway. Certificate level III qualification completed while at secondary school does not exclude you from accessing the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program.
For high priority qualifications funded for Year 12 graduates, see the Queensland Training Subsidies List. For more information download the fact sheet, or please visit https://training.qld.gov.au/
To find out if you are eligible contact our friendly team on 07 4098 1228
For more information about the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program, download the fact sheet or visit the Training Queensland website at www.training.qld.gov.au.
Student Co-Contribution Fees:
|SIT30713||Certificate III in Hospitality||$300||$150|
|BSB30412||Certificate III in Business Administration||$260||$130|
|SIT30112||Certificate III in Tourism||$300||$150|
|SHB30115||Certificate III in Beauty Services||$850||$550|
|CHC33015||Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing specialization)||$260||$130|
|CHC33015||Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability specialization)||$260||$130|
|CHC33015||Certificate III in Individual Support (HACC specialization)||$260||$130|
CERTIFICATE 3 GUARANTEE PROGRAM CONCESSIONAL PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS
Under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program, concessional participants are defined as follows:
- The participant holds a health care concession card or pensioner concession card; or
- The participant holds an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the participant is entitled to concessions under a health care concession card or pensioner concession card; or the participant is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person.
- The Participant has a Disability – pensioner concession card or other documentation verifying the holder has disability
CERTIFICATE 3 GUARANTEE ENTITLEMENT
Eligible participants will no longer be eligible for a subsidised training place under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program once they complete a Certificate Level III qualification.
Refunds must be requested in writing, seven days prior to withdrawal. Withdrawal request must be made on the withdrawal request form. This must be signed by the student and if applicable a referring third party. Units will be refunded on a unit by unit basis for all units not commenced.