VETiS qualifications are funded by the Queensland Government under the VET investment budget.
These funded programs are to provide an opportunity for students to study a range of vocational education and training (VET) courses as part of their Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE). These programs are directly related to work which the student can study as part of years 11 and 12. The courses are often in areas of skill shortage, or high priority areas.
To participate in the VETiS program students must:
- Be enrolled in, and attend, a Queensland school throughout the duration of the program
- identify the VETiS program in their Senior Education and Training (SET) plan
- have attained a sound/achieving result in Year 10 numeracy and literacy subjects or equivalent prior to enrolling in the program.
- The VET investment budget provides funding for students to complete one VETiS qualification listed on the Queensland Training Subsidies List while at school.
VETiS courses conducted by Far North Training are face-To-face programs with trainers that are current with Industry practices and procedures and have a passion for their chosen area of expertise.
- SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT20416 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- SHB20216 Certificate II in Salon Assistant